Monday, 5 November 2018

A Warwickshire Tame (and a small world)

I recently had an email from Denise Hall, nee Tame in USA, she moved there in 1980's from Johannesberg in South Africa where this branch of the family appear to have been since around 1900.

Prior to that they were in Warwickshire in UK, where I can trace them back to the late 1700's. I have not established if they are linked to my branch of family, who were in Berkshire at that time. It would appear that her ancestor fought for Britain in the Boer Wars, and also attempted to enlist for WW1 in a South African regiment, but was deemed to be unfit to serve due to health issues.

Co-incidentally, Denise's Nephew is a teacher in a School in Guangzhou, China, as is my son, William Tame. It's a Small World.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home