Saturday, 30 January 2021

Several new cousins.

In the last few weeks while I have been updating the family tree I have come across a number of new cousins.

On the Tame Side I have found Shanelle Tame and her two siblings Eddie and Maisie. They are children of Neil Tame (a third cousin) from Abingdon but now live on the Isle of Wight. Their family are all descendants of my Great Great Grandfather George Tame born in Abingdon in 1846, through his son Leonard William. (So that's 4 new cousins)

On the Proom Side I received a message from Deborah Maynard (nee Waller) living in Vancouver, Canada. A DNA match confirms that Deborah is a third cousin of mine descended from our common ancestors Robert Neave born in Norfolk in 1842 and his wife Jane (nee Jane Slaughter).

I am a descendant of Robert through Lucy Ann Neave, my great Grandma whilst Deborah is a descendant of Lucy's brother Harry Robert Neave.

Debbies father was John Neave (junior) born in Leeds in 1943, son of Amy Agnes and John Neave (Senior) (from Bedlington). Sadly, John Neave (senior) (born in 1917) was killed in Africa in 1943 (WW2) just after John junior was born. Amy who was only 18 at this time and had only been married to John (senior) for about a year had to give her baby away for adoption and he was adopted by the Waller Family. John grew up, got married and Deborah was his first child, born in UK, but not long after they emigrated to Canada where Debbie gained 4 Siblings, two brothers and two sisters. Debbie herself is married with 4 boys of her own. One of her sisters has 4 children whilst the other one has three. I make that 16 new Cousins from the Proom side that I was unaware of and 20 new cousins altogether.

1 Comments:

At 9 August 2022 at 22:03 , Blogger oldwulf said...

Shanelle Tame now has a daughter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home